In order to achieve "provide attractive investment opportunities", "gain trust from our stakeholders "and "contribute to local communities and society" in our mission statement, we believe that advanced expertise and ensured independence are essential.
- Ability to propose transaction scheme, execute transaction, and plan and execute unprecedented measures of asset management based on in-depth understanding of hotel operation and track record of such asset management
- Extensive experience of renovation and rebranding through collaboration with many hotel lessees and hotel operators
- Strong and long-term relationships with a large number of hotel lessees and hotel operators
- High analytical skills and accurate judgement capacity based on rich information and data obtained through a broad network and high credibility
For business management of JHRA, an independent asset management company, we believe that strict independence from its main sponsor is crucial.
- No director and employee of JHRA is a seconded employee from sponsor.
- The majority of the Board of Directors of JHRA is composed of full-time directors, who are not related to the main sponsor, SC CAPITAL PARTNERS Group.
- We established a more rigorous decision-making process for transactions with sponsor-related parties. In principle, JHRA undergoes deliberations and resolutions by the Investment and Operation Committee, the Compliance Committee which includes an outside specialist who is authorized to dismiss proposals, and the Board of Directors Meeting of JHRA. In addition, in cases where Japan Hotel REIT Investment Corporation (hereinafter called “JHR”) conducts transactions with sponsor-related parties, such transactions shall be conducted upon the approval and resolution by the Board of Directors Meeting at JHR. The officers of JHR are all third parties unrelated to the sponsor-related parties.
- As our main sponsor, SC CAPITAL PARTNERS group is also an independent asset management company, it fully understands and respects importance of JHRA’s independency. JHRA conducts asset management business based upon its own judgement.